Aspen Memory Care
- Unlike the Evergreen, the Aspen tree is a bit more fragile. It only grows in specific regions of the country and certain environmental factors have to be present. Environment is critical for the Aspen tree to thrive.
- The environment is also a very critical component of our memory care neighborhoods. Once we drill down the specifics of EXACTLY what components are present environmental wise in EVERY program we can set that standard and make the correlation that just like the Aspen – the environment in our neighborhoods is key for the program to thrive. Therefore, we have standards. A few examples of what these standards might be are…..
- Way finding biographies at every resident apartment door
- Colored dishes so the food is easier to see on the plate
- Possibly consider automatic lights in the bathrooms
- Possibly consider dark accent walls behind the toilets
- There are many examples of environmental considerations we could incorporate into all of our memory care neighborhoods.
KINDNESS CAN TRANSFORM SOMEONE’S DARK MOMENT WITH A BLAZE OF LIGHT. YOU’LL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH YOUR CARING MATTERS. MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR ANOTHER TODAY.
~aMY LEIGH MERCREE